Here it is school begins here in a matter of days. I still do not have a job. In fact I have not heard from any of the schools/positions that I applied to in the past 4 months. This is frustrated and depressing. I am beginning to feel that I am not worthy of teaching here. I know I am a good competent teacher! I also know that this area is highly political. I thought Providence was political. At least I was able to get a job in RI. I haven't heard from any of the alternative schools I applied to (day care, religious...) This really is hard to handle. I am getting to be depressed and not wanting to do anything. I know there are things that I have to do-get up, take care of pets, get dressed....I also figure making don dinner, lunch and the house hold in one piece. I am worth more than just taking care of a house. I want to teach and really am upset that I have been looking for so long and not one principal has even sent a letter with some b.s. on it.
today i had to find a wachovia for the mortgage payment. that was an interesting drive around town, OK it was out of town but I found one! it was on Avalon in muscle shoals. I also had to go to the co-op for ant killer. that was easy to find. the smell was like going back to Crawford garden supplies. It was like a home coming and I was a kid again going to visit my grandfather at work...i have not smelled that smell in a long time. I could have stayed there for hours. i did not realize how much i missed going to the business.
Tomorrow is the day that i have to hit up all the boards of education-esp if they had a possible position open on line. This Internet job search crap stinks!
I am going to set up my eBay account for selling items. I am also going to try it on Craig's list and eBay's other site. I can't remember the name but i wrote it down and it is in the magazine i was reading. They sell things for a set price and tell you when they have sold. Craig's list is only local and being out in the mist of nowhere-i don't for see selling a lot of what i want to sell for any amount of money.
Over the weekend we went on the search for porch furniture. We had the bill of sale ready and the debit card from CB&S was declined! That was a pisser! We figured we were not to purchase the furniture and to wait for next season (spring/summer). No place we went had really anything left. Oh well. better luck next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment