Sunday, August 16, 2009

watermelon fesitval

Well we went to our local festival...the watermelon festival. I have never seen a better car show ever! OMG! The antiques were amazing! There were streets and streets of them-on either side and down the middle! Simply amazing. That was the big draw for Don. He even said it was the best car show he has been to in a long time-that even includes the auto show for new cars. We took pictures of lots of different cars and motorcycles and of course the tractors. Antique tractors! who'd have thought. there were many-even took a picture of don with a tractor from 1951, his year. Next year we want to enter his truck into the antique show.

Following are some of the sights. Cars and bikes. I did not put any tractors on this blog. That is going to need one of its own postings.
We saw this purple trike and thought it would be perfect for us or my om. That is if it came with grape ape on the back!
I love the cat eyes of the tail lights. Don has been schooling me in cars. the following year the tail lights became 3 circles in a line. I can't remember what year this is. i think it's a 53?

I absolutely love the color of this car! I also love the continental in the back (the tire holder). It was in awesome condition.


This was being pulled by a 3-wheeler painted in the same colors and design. It was just tooo cute! if you are going to go for the gold and spend the money then go and do it right!



This either volvo or jeep reminded me of a pt cruiser convertible. It was an wonder to look and at. It also makes me wonder why they don't go back to building cars like the ones from the 40's-60's again. and when they do-use the modern technology that is available.
I will say that living in the south can be a scary thing. We saw some rather interesting people while at the festival. There were of course the bikers, they were the ones in the jeans, do rags and odd shirts. There were some people who of course need to look in a mirror before they leave their house. How can anyone walk out their home in clothes that are way to small!
We did walk the entire festival. The locals are such locals! I really can't explain it further. We did not go to the boat show-but wandered around the tractors, antique cars and checked out the bikes. We also walked through all of the booths to see what is selling. Some really great things that are not of great quality. Don figures he can make better. I have to agree.
Next year we hope to put his truck in the antique show. That would be fun. The only draw is that we would have to remain in the area for most (if not all) of the day. I will find out information about entering when it gets closer to next years festival.
I did have an idea for a ball cap---use the festival's theme that is going on the shirt and embroider it onto a ball cap or even use a stylized watermelon and vine and have it go around the hat with the words watermelon festival and year on the back. they would only need a few basic colors or if a deal was struck-use the same colors as the shirts.
Everyone received the packages I sent out last week. Mom and Dad have to decide who is wearing their shirt of which day and Emily told me her's was too big. I told her that way she can wear it for a little while.
I made the best beef burritos last week. I even had enough left over to freeze 2 of them. I used left over pot roast which was not the best, and simmered it with beef broth, fajita seasonings and a combination of marinades i found in a cook book.
I am beginning to get things ready to post on craig's list (clothing) half.com (teacher books) and eBay everything else!




No comments:

Post a Comment