Sunday, August 23, 2009

Home Time

Today began as any other Sunday. Coffee! Of course neither of us began doing much of anything until after 10:00, unlike yesterday where we were outside working on the yard before 8:00. Don began with taking the chain link fence down at the tennis court. That was a lot of work for anyone. He only took down 3 sections due to the immense work that is needed. I began the final stages of the pond.
The sand is down, the gravel/rocks are down, the "defining" rocks between the rocks and sand are down. They still need to be pushed around and moved to better spots. I also have to put more rocks in the back areas. First I have to take the pump out and then put a new pump in and a water feature. we want the water feature to recycle the water. We also need to put in a better or new filter. I am thinking it will have to be new. tomorrow I am heading out to find a new filter and pump. I am also going to ask about water features.
We had to fight to open windows. Literally push and bang and hammer and use all types of things to deface the paint. It is cooler outside then inside and we need to open some windows. We can open some windows now a bit easier. We decided that replacement windows need to happen first then we can worry about gutters and the otter things we needs for the outside of the house. Windows would help with electric bills and opening and closing windows. It would be nice to open and close when the weather is cooler.
I need to remember to take pictures of the work we have accomplished today. I want to make sure to add them to the blog and put them into the house before and after photo album.
Tomorrow is now the day to get a job! I have to drive out to the schools I applied to recently and find what my status is. Doing this is a real pain in the butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment