Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Weeds Weeds and more weeds

today was one of those days where you wonder where did the time go? All of a sudden it was 4:30 in the afternoon and I had only just begun to weed the garden around the tree in the front of the house. This is a raised bed that rings the tree. It was so over ridden with weeds and various other things trying to grow that I took as much out as possible. I left the ornamental grass at the moment. It may come out sooner or later. there are still weeds but I can take those out tomorrow or friday. i also weeded a small circular area on the walkway path to the front door. There is nothing there now and I think I am going to plant some interesting flowers there. I do not know yet-i think something with color that is low growing because it is infront of the holly bushes and it seems to be in the middle of no where. Don came home and mowed the weeds in one of the areas in the front.

I have been filling out applications on line. These applications are time consuming! Not only do you have to answer a million questions-but download and attach a variety of forms and letters. That is the time consuming part. It takes so long to put all this information together.

i am waiting for a reply from first investors. i figure if i do not get an email tomorrow-i will call and ask about with drawing and penalties. it frustrates me when you are waiting for answers and do not recieve them in a timely manner. especially when someone expects that of you.

dinner was yummy today. used keilbasa and frozen vegetables. in covered skillet and cooked trhough to heat. last night was just as easy-garlic lemon shrimp with pasta.
it was so easy and i used all types of fresh ingredients from the lemon to the garlic. I am trying to use new recipes and fresh ingredients. that is a way to help save money and help wiht what we want to grown our garden next season. So far brocolli, herbs, corn, peas, beans, radishes and carrots. Of course we are going to come up with a definite list for the garden.

I can't believe that July is almost over! I am going to have the house in a better order before the end of the week. We go shopping for porch furniture on saturday at Ingrams in florence. the porch is ready for furniture! now to get the rest of the house ready especially if anyone comes to see it.

We are putting in an application for foster/adoption children. We need to take first aid and cpr and have a few home visits prior to any children coming to us. We both feel that keeping siblings together is necessary. now for the next step-house organization!

No comments:

Post a Comment