Today was the day to pay bills, oh what fun it is to write checks and put stamps on envelopes. I had to go to the bank to get a certified check. I wanted to make sure that Bank of America could not deny my car's final payment. It felt good to put that in the mail. I have paid it off 11 months early. WHOO HOO! Thank heavens for parents who think that a great house warming gift can help pay off a car, we are going to get a porch furniture set with the money. That is what the check they sent was for and that is what we will use it for.
I found a simple set at Wal Mart yesterday after we came home from Sam's. wanted to pick up the few things that we still needed that Sam's did not have or were to expensive. I did pick up the majority of our staples (pasta/rice) while at Sam's. It is hard to believe that the few things we did purchase added up to over $200. Where does the money go?
i am focused on organizing the house and putting furniture in different rooms. i am still not sure where i am putting all the furniture. i know we need a book case in the living room. i moved grandma's desk into the family room. i don't know if it will stay there though. i do have all the furniture in the living room except for the book case. i want to move some furniture around in the bedroom and finish putting things aways in there.
I talked to Kathy yesterday and she sounded very happy. that is about her job but she and rob are not doing well they are going to officially separate in the next few weeks. I did recieve a letter real snail mail! from Arlene. It was wonderful to hear from her. The oldest boys were with their grandparents in AZ and the youngest was going to be with his father for a week. I can't believe we have been out of college for so long. I am amazed that we have known each other for so long.
I have also been checking Debbe's blog on caring bridge. Hannah has been discharged from Children's and they are now at Ronald McDonald house boston near the hospital. I know Debbe is being strong for her daughter and doing what is needed to make her healthy. I would never wish this on anyone! I know deep inside of myself that I want Hannah to be 100% better especially now that the bone marrow transplate has taken. I do wonder how Debbe would handle if Hannah relapsed or passed away. I know it is hard to deal with but I also know Debbe well enough to say she may even go opposite and shut herself down.
Don mowed the lawn yesterday. It usually is not very eventful. But there is always a first time. He tried to mow one of the hills and got the ride on mower stuck. Then to get it out he ended up getting the big truck stuck-"I wanted to take the hill out" He needed help to get the truck out and then bring the van to the driveway again. I wish I had taken pictures of the disaster. But we have dirt to fill the holes we have in the yard.
there are so many things i want to take picutres of: the frogs in the pond, the way Don's tree is growing (survived being mowed by Ron and being dug up and replanted), the silly things that davidson has begun to do, the beauty in our yard, the architecture in the town. I read a great idea in a magazine. A person did a blog through pictures. She took a picture everyday when she woke up. I like the idea of taking a picture everyday. I think I will begin to do that, now where did i put the batteries for the digital camera?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment