Well, I will begin with saying isn't he cute?
Don went to a "conference" in Chicago over the weekend. He said it was basically a sales pitch but he did learn a few things. And made some connections/contacts.
I made it throught 2 classes on line. Only about a million to go! The second one really kicked ass with work and difficulty. Then I go to check my grade (which was a B-hey I actually passed!) and I am locked out of the site. Now keep in mind class begins on Wed. this is Mon. I spent at least 5 hours on the phone Mon to find out that no where in my file is it stated I am to be blocked or why. Yup 5 hours I cannot get back! Finally I was sent to the registrar and was told that I had to have Wheelock College send a transcript (official) to Kaplan. OK. Now comes the question: WHy was I not told this in the past THREE months!? No call or email from my academic advisor nothing! He in fact did not call unitl Tues. and told me that I may want to think about taking a leave of absence for the class. That is an option--BUT--the paperwork had to be signed and faxed and approved prior to class beginning. I did not get any forms until Wed. Cosmo called and was more concerned than my advisor...I went through a clearing house to have the transcript fedexed to Kaplan. I still could not get on line to start class....not until Thurs. night. Mary was concerned also-she sent me the assignments for the first week. Woo Hoo!
Alabama has not refunded tax refunds in over two years. That means we are not getting a check from AL this year and I am out $1500. Ok that means it is more of 2 months of salary and I have to really not spend anything extra only focus on the bills. I really need a job!
I will say I splurged. Yup I did it, spent money I don't have! I bought beautiful glasses and a pitcher from crate and barrel. I also bought window treatments for the great room. I am going to hang them later and take a picture. I do hope all the things we need are in the long box.
Check out: www.tinyurl.com/shopBUG save BIG with BUG

No comments:
Post a Comment