Monday, May 17, 2010

It is another Monday. the month of may is half way over. I have begun to accept that I won't have a teaching position in Alabama. It is sooo political and hard to find a job. I even went to a tutoring site. I did get a request and am working on finalizing the necessary things before I can accept the postion. I think one of us has to be vested. i think that is what i am looking for word wise. It would be tutoring a rising 6th grader in math. I am open to do anything. I do hope this leads to further income.
I had a yard sale over the weekend. Southerners are so southern. I was able to meet many of my neighbors. I am not going to remember any one's name or even where they live. Of course they told me both and gave specific directions. Then I was asked if we had found a church yet. That was the clincher to let me know they were my neighbors. I was invited to at least 5 different churches. It was even described to me the preaching that goes on and the times for bible study. I gave up saying I was goign to a synagouge in Florence after the 3rd blank stare I recieved. i think many of my neighbors (ok most of the south) has not met a Jewish person before.
the yard sale got rid of a lot of stuff. Of course there is still more to sell. That will wait for another month. I figure having a yard sale at least every other month would be a good thing. I think the next one will have to wait until August due to the impending heat that will happen in both June and July. I may not wait because June may be the best time to set up even for one day. I just found it was wierd that Friday brought in more money than Saturday. I only made $45 on Saturday while i brought in over $150 on Friday. I did not count the change that I was paid in, it was just an easier way to keep track-counting bills is so much easier.
I do know I need to create a time line and time management plan for myself. I think I will use the white board in the kitchen to help with this. Listing what I need to do, down to the dusting, vacuuming and laundry. I think that will help me with completing everything in the ohouse in a timely manner. that will with getting the house in order finally! now i just have to put it into motion and follow through.

No comments:

Post a Comment